DETROIT, January 3, 2014 – Strategic Staffing Solutions President and CEO Cynthia J. Pasky received the Global Lithuanian Award for 2013 from the Global Lithuanian Leaders (GLL) on January 3, the company announced today.
The award was presented to Pasky by the President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaitė for the contributions she and Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) have made to the development of Lithuanian business, science, arts and culture.
“Cynthia Pasky is directly responsible for significant achievements in attracting foreign investment to Lithuania, creating a positive brand for Lithuania in the world, and educational and professional development of Lithuanian talent,” said Kotryna Stankutė-Jaščemskienė, director of Global Lithuanian Leaders. “She and her company have been passionate and steadfast champions of Lithuania in the world. They have earned huge respect in the local business community and with the prominent leaders who nominated her for the award. GLL is more than happy that the Global Lithuanian Awards created the opportunity to acknowledge and reward Cynthia Pasky and other global Lithuanians for the promotion of Lithuania in the world.”
S3 opened its European operation, S3I, in 1999 in Lithuania. That country was chosen because geographically it can serve S3’s customers in the Baltic and Nordic States and throughout Europe. In addition, Lithuania’s fast growing economy and membership in the European Union and NATO allowed the company to expand its customer support across Europe. In the past four years, S3I has placed more than 1,800 consultants with major companies in the region.
“It is indeed an honor to receive this award, but it is not about what I have done,” said Pasky, who is of Lithuanian descent. “It is about what the S3 team has done not only to further our business in Lithuania but also to give back to the Lithuanian community.”
Following are several examples of S3’s contributions to Lithuanian business, science, arts and culture:
- In 2012 agreed to serve as the founding chair of the American Lithuanian Business Council; other Council members include Chevron, Western Union, ThermoFischer Scientific, Exelon and Philip Morris International
- Regularly partners with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Embassy of Lithuania in Washington, DC, as well as the U.S. Embassy in Vilnius, on a variety of public and civic affairs programs
- During the past five years brought young Lithuanians who left for work abroad back to Lithuania for career opportunities with clients in Vilnius and Kaunas and has recruited Lithuanians from seven different countries and regularly sponsors recruitment events and activities outside of Lithuania – from London to Copenhagen to Chicago and beyond
- Invested significantly in international programs – often in partnership with Invest Lithuania – to promote Lithuania to S3 clients in the US and the UK
- For the last five years has been the leading sponsor of the American Baltic Celebration annual awards gala in Washington, DC
- Was the largest private company (financial) sponsor of the American Chamber of Commerce-supported US Trade Mission to Lithuania
- Is the lead sponsor of the ExCel High School Exchange program, which brings Lithuanian students to the US to study for one year
- Helped establish innovative professional training programs, such as the Mainframe Academy designed by an S3 client with Vilnius University, to provide skills and jobs to students willing to learn a specialized and high-demand skill
- Supports a series of World Music performances, including American performers and others, for its third season in 2014.
- Has been a leading sponsor of the opera in Vilnius
- Is a major donor to an orphanage in the town of Pabrade, providing financial support and volunteer days by staff
S3I provides services to companies in the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia, Poland, Russia, Slovakia and Sweden. The company offers its customers system development services, information technology (IT) consulting and staffing services, and customized project solutions.
About Strategic Staffing Solutions
Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3) is an international, woman-owned, $200-million-plus IT and business services company based in Detroit. S3 is ranked the sixth largest diversity staffing firm in the US by Staffing Industry Analysts and 16th among the largest staffing firms in the US by Staffing Industry Report. It is also one of five companies nationally that is a certified Charter Partner with Staffing Industry Analysts. S3 provides IT consulting, customized project solutions, vendor management programs and an executive search service to financial institutions, energy companies, telecommunications, government agencies and retail and health care industries worldwide. It has approximately 2,000 consultants and 27 offices, 22 in the U.S. and five in Europe.
About Global Lithuanian Leaders
GLL | Global Lithuanian Leaders is a high impact non-profit platform of Lithuania – connected international professionals (e.g. executives, entrepreneurs, current and future leaders in their professional field) building global opportunities for Lithuanian economy. Established after the first World Lithuanian Economic Forum in 2009, GLL seeks to develop and expand Lithuania’s standing in the global community by utilizing the talents of leading Lithuanians and people with an affinity for Lithuania who are outstanding in their field.